Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Furry, Fuzzy, and Loved



Did I tell you I love cats? 
Wow I'm almost embarrassed by how much I love cats... but I can't help it!

Here's my two loves:
Leo on a safari hunt
Opal checking box sizes

Mom picked them up at the grocery store and surprised us all. They each have an individual loving personality. Leo, the boy, is a shy sweetheart who loves to cuddle and stare at you. Opal, the girl, loves to follow me around and is always, ALWAYS ready to play.

We've had a cat since I was little. I grew up with Shadow, whom we just called Kitty. She lived for fifteen years with us. My favorite memory of her is looking down the bed in the dark to see her sweet outline sitting in my lap, keeping me warm and safe all night. <3


My love for furry creatures expands to all animals. Wasn't it one of our original purposes on this earth to care for the animals?

I'm happy to say that now 10% your market purchase of Emily Claire Studio jewelry goes to The Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue to help care for rescued and abandoned kittens and cats! 



 
I'm excited to make monthly donations after each market event; I started earlier this September.

10% of each purchase from each market event will go to the RMFR. So be sure to visit my booth at the upcoming Firefly Handmade Market in Boulder and French Nest Market in Fort Collins. Check my website calendar for event locations and times.





Some ways you can care for and appreciate animal life:
  • adopt an abandoned, older animal who needs reminding of what love is
  • adopt a baby animal and provide a happy, healthy life
  • go searching for wildlife on a hike and appreciate what you come across whether it's a duck or a snake or a deer, but...
  • give them their space (and keep dogs on leashes so they also give wildlife their space)
  • pick up litter when you're outdoors-- especially plastic that animals can choke on 
  • donate to a shelter or animal hospital 
  • volunteer at the local shelter or humane society

The Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue provides a safe and happy (no-kill) home for kittens and cats who need help the most. I love that this non-profit is truly dedicated to making sure their residents are enjoying life beyond having a home. The cats are free to walk around the house and yard, not kept in cages or boxes. They provide care for cats of all ages and health, even those with terminal illness (and who are most in need of a loving home for the rest of their days).


How about a black cat for Halloween? This is Gizmo Gremlin at RMFR. 

What's great about the RMFR is that you can make monetary donations (which are needed of course to keep the lights on and the electricity going) but you can also make material donations of cat toys, food, litter, treats, etc. A list of items they need can be found here. Those items are used daily by the cats so you can know that your donation is affecting their lives directly.

So sweet. This is Melo at RMFR.

I'm really happy to donate to the Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue to help ensure more kitties than just my own are safely cared for. I've been trying out new cat toy designs on Opal and Leo... this happens in about a day or two. I'm hoping to find a way to make stronger toys and donate some for the holidays.

dead mouse

I also want to recommend this book, The Soul of All Living Creatures, by Vinta Virga. It's a sweet book about the heartfelt connections between animals and people-- why we are so important to one another.

Be kind to an animal today <3

Mr. Leo. What a hunk.




1 comment:

  1. Awwww . . . . such sweet kitties. Love those photos, especially the kitty in the box. It's very wonderful that you are donating to such a worthy cause too. Good luck with the next market.

    ReplyDelete