Friday, September 5, 2014

Gearing up for Fall Markets

Does your stomach drop a little when you hear a "Back to School" commercial? Mine still does and I'm not even in school anymore! The dread of going back to long days, early mornings, homework, and lugging textbooks through the hallway... but most of all, the end to summer. The turning of this particular season has always been hard on me. When the pool closes and the mornings get cooler and darker I get bummed out about the long wait ahead until it will be summer again. While I can rejoice that I'm not going back to 7:20am start times and high school math, I do need to kick it into gear and get some jewelry made for a ton of Fall markets I'm going to be in!
Already!?!
This Saturday (erhm tomorrow) I'll be set up with the Emily Claire Studio booth at the Farmer's Market in Louisville, Colorado. It will be my last visit to this Farmer's Market for the year and I've enjoyed being around my fellow Louisvillians... or whatever they're called! It's an honor to be part of a group of local creators and growers in this tiny town and fun to see the librarians and teachers and neighbors of mine. Now all the farmers are bringing in their peaches and ripe fruits and veggies. There's always locally made honey, cupcakes, pastries, kettle corn (my favorite), and of course, art.


Emily Claire Studio booth at Louisville Farmer's Market in 2014

I've lived in the little town of Louisville for my entire life. I'm always riding my bike around the its many dirt trails and parks. This summer there have been an unbelievable amount of bull frogs at the community park pond. Like hundreds! Tadpoles to baby frogs just sprouting their legs to really big bad boys almost the size of dinner plate! Every morning we stop by and try to count them.

Photo by Anne of SpringLeafStudios.com

Downtown Louisville is always a sweet place to be in the summer. My mom and I ride our bikes downtown and have breakfast at Bittersweet Cafe. I stop in to the lovely Eleanor Boutique, or the fun Candy Shop my neighbor owns. Main street is full of restaurants with big open windows and lots of outdoor seating. 12th Degree Brewing opened up last summer.

The HuckleBerry
Main Street

Although it's supposed to be cooler weather tomorrow I would love to see you at the Louisville Farmer's Market! Come by and get your Colorado peaches and some jewelry gifts for those upcoming birthdays. Here's a few previews of some Emily Claire Studio work you can expect this fall!

Tripple Ripple Necklace with Turquoise

Gypsy Dancer Earrings


Droplet Necklace in Chalcedony and Jade


1 comment: