Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Color Story: Yellow

Yellow: Color Story series posted along with SpringLeaf Studios.

I spent this Fall looking around Colorado for Yellow. It's not a color I think about or use much in my jewelry, but the more I looked for photos or yellow the easier it was to find. 

yellow, canary, citrine, honey, sunshine, saffron, school bus, lemon, marigold, amber

Some beautiful sunflowers in front of the Rockies. You can see a few windmills in the distance too. I sure hope they never build more of these windmills in Colorado... just like drones, they take away from the natural landscape.


Yellow is the first color we see in our peripheral vision.
This is why school buses, street lines, and construction signs are most often yellow.


I love monochromatic and analogous color schemes. The piece on the left has tones of gold and orange that gave this simple necklace some depth; appeared in Jewelry Stringing Magazine.
Emily Claire Studio "Droplet" necklace in orange carnelian on the right.

Bzzzz


From the Peak to Peak Highway in Colorado. A perfect place to seek the golden yellow aspens of a Colorado Autumn. Go in early October for the best colors... and good elk sightings. 

Rocky Mountain National Park

           
Aspens have a magical glow in the fall.
I love the contrast of their black and white trunks against the primary colors of the leaves and sky.
On our fall photo expedition to the Park we ventured into a sunny little grove of aspens and almost walked right into a pair of deer sitting quietly in the tall grass.

Wood and Water

The Adventure of the Yellow Shoes ~ sounds like another fun photo project
                 

Yellow on the streets.

  


I found more yellow than I was expecting. There are not a lot of yellow gemstones and it's not a color that many people wear, but by looking for yellow I found an appreciation for it in my other art form; photography. Funny that I often found yellow in combination with red. Thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying my mom's Color Stories on SpringLeaf Studios!

                
emily

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful essay on yellow. You have brought out the sunny, cheery quality of the color quite well. Love your yellow shoes too. They are just perfect for the photos. What color will be next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reread this. I never tire of seeing your take on the world around you. Such a great eye for photography. Keep posting and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing images of yellow. I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete