Thursday, April 2, 2015

News and Markets!

I have been away from the blogosphere (and a lot of the internet) for a while as I tried to "unplug" a little bit, focus on creating jewelry, and considering where my business is headed. I've been busy and now I'm very excited to share some Emily Claire Studio news, happenings, market dates, and jewelry designs with you!



In just one week I'll be attending my first market of 2015 and I am excited to see you there! Come to the Sugar Plum Bazaar on April 11th and 12th in Denver to warm your heart up for Spring. In Colorado we've had a lovely sunny spell in the 70s for the last couple weeks, inviting the tulips and daffodils to bloom a little early. I always feel Spring is in the air when I start to hear robins chirping early in the morning (too early– go back to bed!)


Sugar Plum is a gem. I had a great time attending last year and met some sweet friends among the other vendors. It's encouraging to find a community growing around handmade artisans. I've found that we are all regular people who took a leap of faith to pursue a dream. When I don't feel like I have my S*&% together I know there are people who are in the same boat and we'll all stay afloat somehow by the desire to do what we love <3

I've found that I truly love selling jewelry in person. I want to meet you! I want to know what you like, see you try things on, or pick out a gift for a friend. For this reason I'm going to focus on attending markets and getting Emily Claire Studio jewelry into local stores. For now my Etsy shop will keep a small quantity of items, but I encourage you to come out and see my work and others' at handmade markets. Check this list out for my 2015 market dates

In the studio I've been creating custom pieces like this Valentine's Day present with a special inscription on the back

Email me for any custom jewelry requests!

and this set of Quilt inspired jewelry for my mom, Anne Deister, of Spring Leaf Studios. Please link over to see her blog and juicy quilt patterns. I can't believe how cool my mom is :) She is a color lover, in fabric and fashion, so this jewelry set matches her style perfectly. 



She wore these to Quilt Con in Austin in February. Quilters are another group of seriously dedicated crafters who are creating an amazing community both online and across the world. 

In other news, Emily Claire Studio jewelry is now available in my hometown of Louisville. 
Visit By Chance Shoppe on Main Street to find a fun collection of my signature pieces! The owners hosted a trunk show for me at the beginning of March.



Also keep your eye out for the Summer issue of Jewelry Affaire magazine
I'll have a how-to project in the mag, something a bit different. 

Then I'm looking forward to Firefly Market!



3 comments:

  1. WaHoo!!! So excited for you to start the 2015 season of handmade. Love the custom purple piece and of course simply adore my custom quilting jewelry. Wishing you the absolute best season ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the Valentine piece -cool and artsy! And how the piece for the quilter is made of pieces stitched together. Your design is so thoughtful. Looking forward to seeing you at Sugar Plum and your other shows this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! It’s great that you've find a venue and outlet to sell your jewelry; a place where you can interact with other people, and really engage with your potential buyers. It's a matter of maximizing all your options, after all. You really have to bring your stuff out there, so that people who fit the niche can have a look at what you have to offer. And who knows, your work might just be that new thing they’re looking for. I hope you enjoyed your time at the Spring Market. Cheers!

    Ricky Rowe @ Find A Jewelry Expert

    ReplyDelete