Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Back to Work

At the beginning of this summer I quit my day job to work for myself.
It was a hard choice to make since I did love my position and
coworkers at Angie Star Jewelry
I learned so much over the past two years being a part of this small business of talented women. Each of them bring their own magic to this tiny shop and make it shine.
What a lucky find.  


But I needed to make a choice for myself that wasn't based on income. So I took a jump and decided to work for Emily. She's got a lot to learn about time management for herself, including putting the kittens outside the studio for a while to be able to concentrate. 


I'm surprised by how busy I've kept! I try to work for myself like a regular job 9-5 each day and feel like I've hardly stopped once all summer. OK maybe once or twice... to visit Moab in June and this past week on a surprise vacation to San Diego- 
*thank you boyfriend*




Now it's back to work. I've invested in my business: a new computer to launch my website, a booth tent for markets, making fun displays, and lots of materials for new jewelry. Creating a schedule for myself has been the hardest part. I might map out my week but it never goes the way I plan. I might get things done right before a show, but feel like I scramble to get back up afterwards. I need a solid production schedule for jewelry, a set blogging/marketing time, and a huge focus on photography and working on my Etsy shop
(the most time consuming of all). 

I always dreaded August as "back to school time" Nooooo! But this summer I feel that I've enjoyed the sunshine and some travel and I'm ready and excited to go back to work. 

I'm grateful to say I love my job. 
decoratemylife.com


1 comment:

  1. You are so talented. I just know big things are on the horizon for you.

    ReplyDelete