Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Firefly


I'm very excited to become a Firefly this summer and sell my jewelry at Firefly Handmade Market in Boulder this upcoming weekend! July 26th and 27th on the 29th Street Mall. 

I've been longing to see my own booth among the other creative makers of Firefly. Most vendors are local Boulderites making unique handcrafted goods. Some of my favorite regulars at market are:

I've been hard at work on some new jewelry between markets. These are some of my favorite necklaces and I'll have them up for sale on Etsy by the end of the week.


I've been very focused on these circular designs for Emily Claire Studio. To me they speak of harmony and balance. The contrast of faceted gemstones against a smooth organic form makes each more beautiful in its own nature. It took me a long time to narrow down this design and technique. The strands of beads inside the circular form imply a continuous line from chain to chain. It's as if some detail is magnified inside the circle.


While I love these designs I also have been wanting to explore more, to use my metalsmithing skills and love for bezel setting and letter stamping. So these freshies just occurred to me one day and I'm very excited to have so much text and color in my line now. These are now available on Etsy.



It will be a sunny Colorado weekend and you want to get out and enjoy it!
 Come by the 29th Street Mall on Saturday (26th) from 10-5pm, or on Sunday (27th) from 11-4pm. See my newest work, some previews of my Fall line, and other cool vendors! 
I know there will be great food and ice cream too!
Thanks to the Firefly crew for allowing me to be part of this fun event :)

PS. I wish we had fireflies in Colorado. 
I miss catching them in the summers at grandma's house <3

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous . . . I especially love the word phrase necklaces. I miss the real fireflies of the Midwest too. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete