Monday, July 14, 2014

Lucky Market

Hi and Thanks for visiting me last Saturday at Horseshoe Handmade Market in Denver! The weather turned out well and I first need to thank my parents and boyfriend for helping set up and sell <3



This was the first large (and what I call "real") craft market that I've done and I really enjoyed it. I met some sweet fellow vendors like Wendy of Hemmed In Boutique who makes adorable dresses and aprons for girls. And I had some yummy treats at Em's Ice Cream who are usually posted on the 16th Street Mall in Denver.

I have been hard at work getting my booth together by sewing up tablecloths, creating interesting displays, tagging and carding my jewelry and figuring out how to do sales tax for each city. There is a lot more work behind the scenes than anyone knows. Trying to figure out how to deal with unpredictable weather and few-and-far-between bathroom breaks was difficult but I feel good about how the show went overall, I met my own sales goals, and treasure the compliments my customers gave.

I am so lucky to have Anne Deister of SpringLeaf Studios as my mother, a quilter and graphic designer and all around "Beautiful Maker of Things". She let me borrow two of her quilts to decorate my booth; Facets which is a pattern sold on her Etsy and Craftsy sites, and a couch-runner she recently made for Swap n' Stich, a book by GenQ. I cannot tell you how many people came in to adore her quilts! I should just stop making jewelry and sell her quilts instead, seriously. 


I might soon post some photos/tutorials/tips on creating display items. I try to create things that are different from the (friendly) competition and definitely don't look store bought. I try to remember that the whole picture is about branding; connecting each piece to my style. 

In the meantime I'll be practicing my French.
Au Revoir!
<3




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a good show and meeting your sales goals. Your booth and jewelry looked fantastic. Love all the colors of your jewelry lines. Beautiful . . . just like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Momma <3 I learned it all from you

      Delete